Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hope Returns

Wishy washy emotions turned to back stabbing embraces
Crawling on the floor trying to find this thing called air
No life survives in the fire and even less in the water after
Puddles of blood remain when all has dried to resemble dead bodies
Hope returns when a kiss comes from the sky
Dropping down to heal the wounds that have been placed over time
Giving in to so many of their lies and believing them all
Once upon a time ago I was so alone and afraid
But you came to me in a whirl wind of anxious furry
Like the best day of your life lived so many times in my head
I remember the night when I slept with a smile on my face
And the beast was put to rest with the little boy in his arms
The warrior lays down his sword and the invisible man turns black
Finally able to see him in the light of this new found world
Love has come where evil once held ground
Keeping the child in my heart and bringing out the man I am
Everything within me is at peace now that you are here
And when you came for the very first time
Hope returned to the place it never lived

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home